As the grinding wheel removes material from the workpiece, it wears out. In order to ensure the roundness of the grinding wheel and to maintain the cut shape, a dresser unit is periodically used. With the proper Dresser device it is possible to change the diameter of the grinding wheel or to create a new cross-section profile on the wheel. With the Grinder-Dressing module, this process can be reproduced in VERICUT.
The Grinder-Dressing module offers superior G-Code simulation for all manufacturing industries. Simulating grinding operations with a dressed grinding wheel, allows the user to check and verify all related processes on expensive parts and equipment.
The Grinder-Dressing module supports continuous grinding, in-process grinding and creep feed grinding. This means that the grinding wheel diameter constantly changes during machining, keeping the grinding wheel in a state of specified sharpness.
The VERICUT verification process accurately checks for errors on all 5-axis milling and turning processes no matter how complex the machining operation.
As the grinding wheel size is reduced, the machine components get closer to the part, creating a high risk of collision. VERICUT checks the clearance between the machine components and the part to be machined for potential collisions.
- Check dressing operations on the grinding wheel
- Check dressed grinding wheel on the part
- Check continuous dressing during grinding operations
- Check the motion of coolant nozzles for collision
- Check NC handwritten subroutines for dressing subroutines
- Measure and analyse “complex” grinding wheel shape after dressing
- Check grinding wheel size reduction